The regulations regarding size, shape, and photoluminescence of emergency signals, as well as their quantity and location, are clear. The safety of people and the goal of saving lives is above all else.
Correct signage is especially important in public buildings. Users must be able to find fire protection equipment and escape routes quickly, efficiently, and safely.
- APPROVED PHOTOLUMINESCENT SIGNALS
- The installation of approved photoluminescent signs and their optimal maintenance is a mandatory requirement by law. They are part of the passive safety of buildings and their role is key for rapid evacuation in case of emergency.
- INSTALLATION OF LUMINESCENT SIGNALS
- At Kosmos Group we are experts in signage installations. We adapt each project to the type of property: it’s not the same to mark an office building as an industrial warehouse, a cinema, a hospital, or a shopping center.
- Well aware that at stake is the security of people, we perform installations of photoluminescent signs rigorously.
- Its importance is complete because:
- ✔ They mark exits and evacuation routes.
- ✔ Facilitate the location of fire protection equipment.
- ✔ They make it possible to quickly find the elements of salvation.
- MAINTENANCE OF SIGNALING SYSTEMS
- The new RIPCI (Regulation of Fire Protection Installations in Spain) marks the useful life of photoluminescent signs and specifies how their maintenance should be carried out.
- In ‘Table III. Luminescent signaling systems maintenance program ’of the new regulation in Spain, details of the operations to be carried out. This can be done by the specialized technicians of the manufacturer, a maintenance company, or the owner of the installation.